• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Why do we get the error "FATAL too many connections' error when using PostgreSQL database due to user-specific connection limit" when using a Microsoft SQL serever?

Why do we get the error "FATAL too many connections' error when using PostgreSQL database due to user-specific connection limit" when using a Microsoft SQL serever?

Gordon Andersen September 11, 2016

Why do we get the error "FATAL too many connections' error when using PostgreSQL database due to user-specific connection limit" when using a Microsoft SQL serever?

I'm using Microsoft SQL server 2014.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2016

Which one of the two databases are you actually using?

Gordon Andersen September 11, 2016

I'm using Microsoft SQL server 2014.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2016

Ok, that's for the main application.   I don't believe MS-SQL throws that error, so I suspect you've got something else that is using a connection to a PostGreSQL server somewhere.  Do you have any of the "database lookup" custom fields, or any other add-ons that might be trying to read a database?

Suggest an answer