Why do rapid board links navigate to my JIRA homepage in newly-opened browser

Rob Gilliam June 3, 2016

If I navigate directly to a JIRA rapid board, e.g. by following a link from an email, using a shortcut in my browser faviourites, or simply typing the URL directly, then I get redirected to my JIRA home page (e.g. issues list or dashboard) if this is the first time that browser instance has visited JIRA .

Once the browser instance has "seen" JIRA the first time, then directly accessing a Rapid Board via a link, shortcut, or URL works as expected. If you close all instances of that browser then the problem recurs the next time you try and go directly to a Rapid Board.

I have "Keep me logged in" selected and I'm not asked for any credentials - it's just routing straight to my configured JIRA home page, rather than to the URL I want.

This is happening in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, so I think it's an issue with JIRA rather than weird browser behaviour.

1 answer

0 votes
Maja
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2016

Hi Rob, 

This is a known issue and we are tracking it here

If it is something that you would like to see fixed, you can vote for it to get the developers attention and add yourself as a watcher to get any further updates on it.

Please also have a look at our Atlassian Bug Fixing Policy.

Kind Regards,

Maja

Suggest an answer