Why do my columns not save with my Filter?

John Schultz November 30, 2016

I've spent several hours trying to find info on this in JIRA documentation\searches and none of the info seems to be accurate.

Perform a Search.
Save the search as a Filter
Export to Excel (current fields) - columns exported are same as displayed in Filter
Do another search and add new columns
Re-open the previously saved filter - the columns which display include the columns added after the filter was saved. Why are they not the columns which were saved with the filter?

I have seen posts which refer to a 'Columns' option under My Filters (does not exist in my setup)
I have seen posts which say you need the JIRA User permission in addition to JIRA Admin permissions, but then a newer post which said you cannot have both.

I just want to save the columns for my filter so that when I export it every day I get the same columns displayed. Yet, when I change columns for another filter or search result, I need to remove those again to run the 1st filter. Tedious, annoying and time consuming.  

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user November 30, 2016

I'm guessing your using the "My Defaults" in the Column options... switch to the "Filter" option for different options for different filters,

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 3.02.16 PM.png

0 votes
John Schultz November 30, 2016

This may be resolved via the Column > Filters option.  I'm trying for a 2nd opinion in my org to verify.

Thanks for the private responses!

Suggest an answer