Why do multiple stages begin at the same time in JIRA Portfolio?

Hello,

I've setup four stages in JIRA Portoflio: Initiation, Development & Testing, Production & Rollout, & Business

• Initiation = Blue
  • Development & Testing = Red
  • Production & Rollout = Green
  • Business Sign-off = Pink

In the example below, i have a project called Motherboard 2.0. Three of my stages are starting at the same time. I believe the purpose of the stages is to sequentially organize activities, so why are these three starting at the same time?

stages in portfolio.png

2 answers

1 accepted

Setting enforce concurrent work did the trick...

You might want to check to make sure that you have the "Stage sprint constraint" setting turned on, in your portfolio configuration.  Under "Scheduling".

The stage spring constraint was turned off, but I turned it on and still have the same result. I've got this setup as a kanban style portfolio and a kanban team. Could that also be a contributing factor?

We are trying to avoid managing to the sprint level detail in Portfolio b/c of the volume of projects we have an the different variations of sprint length, etc. that we have too.

Any other ideas?

Apologies, that was the extent of my ability to assist.  I also have my own problems with the scheduler inexplicably generating bizarre schedules for kanban teams that seem to have nothing to do with what I'm telling it to do.  To the point where we can't use JIRA Portfolio at all.  That's what brought me here in the first place.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,316 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot