Why do comments on the Test Execution page not sync to the issue page zephyr/jira

Courtney Mills December 11, 2013

Hi

we are just getting to grips with this product and have come into a problem ..

When you are on the test execution page it allows you to add comments but when you return back to the test issue page then the comments do not sync to the actual actvity tab or comment tab of the issue they just remain on the execution page.

For example i click execution E

Then pass the test and write a comment

I then return to the test from the execution page and the comments in question did not sync to this page they only apear on the execution page when they should appear under the comment tab of the actual test itself.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Courtney

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

Hi Courtney,

Technically speaking, these are two different data areas in JIRA and Zephyr for JIRA. At this time they are simply using the same name.

Zephyr for JIRA makes a testcase out of a JIRA issue, so it has things like the JIRA comments section you are talking about. When you execute the testcase, you are working in a different data table that Zephyr creates. These result tables are associated with the the Test Cycle the Zephyr for JIRA plugin creates inside JIRA.

Technically speaking, it is working as expected. I'll pass this idea on to the development team so they can consider implementing it in a future build.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer