Why do I get multiple emails for older updates when I post an update to an issue?

Kristin Luschen November 11, 2013

Why do I get multiple emails for older updates when I post an update to an issue?

1 answer

1 vote
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2013

Verify that your notification scheme is correctly configured to receive only one notification (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+Email+Notifications). Is it one project that is giving you multiple notifications or more than one? Also make sure there hasn't been any changes to the active workflow on the project that includes firing a notification for transitions or changes.

If you can verify everything is configured correctly, then it may be best to file a support ticket at support.atlassian.com. This way we can enable debugging on the email handler and see why it is firing out multiple emails for all the updates in the project.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2013

It's also possible this is appending to an existing email thread - when I get notifications in Gmail I find that it's often a thread of multiple notifications from the same issue/event. Not relevant if you're getting distinct emails, though :)

Suggest an answer