Why can't some tasks be set to in progress?

Andy Watson April 22, 2013

I am using the greenhopper plugin with Jira and some of the tasks created cannot be set to inprogress. Some of them require the user to edit the task manually and set to in progress, other tasks don't even have that option.

The project is using the default workflow that has Open-in progress- resolved/done. I don't understand why this isn't working, it effectively renders greenhopper agile boards useless as you can really manage the tasks properly.

I am sure it is something simple, buti have no idea what it is it!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

GreenHopper transitions are essentially your workflow transitions made graphic, so you'd need to look for a solution in your workflow:

- is there a transition from the Issues current status to In Progress?

- do some transitions have validators that would prevent some users from performing them?

- what Statuses are mapped to which columns in GreenHopper and therefore, what transition you're trying to perform by moving Issues between them?

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

The default JIRA workflow has a number of features that many people tend not to want. Not being able to edit closed issues, unexpected restrictions such as needing to have Permissions like Resolved and Close. I recommend creating workflows from scratch so that you know what's in them.

0 votes
Casper Oberleitner January 21, 2014

I had the same issue. In the Default Jira workflow one of the conditions for setting the status to "in Progress" was that it has to be assigned to you. That cleared things up for me. I think you can edit these conditions as well. I hope that helps!

0 votes
Andy Watson April 22, 2013

There is something odd about that specific users account. I cannot move his tasks into progress, i can move everyone elses and his account appears to be the same as everyone else. Its a member of all the same groups and has no more authority than anyone else.

Suggest an answer