Why can't my Help Desk type project be used as a location for a board?

Jason Nejezchleb January 1, 2018

I previously had six boards accessible via the boards navigation item. In the new experience I have three of the boards accessible from a project and the other three now attached to my profile.

Following the articles, I learn that I need to associate boards to projects I follow the instructions but the project is not available as a selection on the boards location option. I do some digging and see that business projects can not be locations for boards.

Are help desk projects also not allowed to be used as locations for boards? If they are, any ideas as to why my help desk project isn't a location option for these three boards attached to my profile?

If not, what's the best way for my users to access the boards now attached to my profile?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Jason,

There is an article titled JIRA Service Desk: Can you apply boards to JIRA Service Desk projects?

Objective

In JIRA Service Desk, can you use Kanban style columns for project management for the full users?

Environment

Server/Cloud

Procedure

JIRA Service Desk (JSD) does not ship with a boards function, as it's unusual to manage service requests in this way. But, if you also buy JIRA Software, you can get Kanban board functionality and apply it to JIRA Service Desk projects.

There is also an add-on in the Atlassian Marketplace called Comala Canvas that adds board functions to JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Core.

I do have an instance in Cloud with JIRA Software enabled and I am able to go to my Profile and create a board for my JIRA Service  Desk project:

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 11.35.46 AM.png

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer