Why can't i see within the issue a proper workflow?

Kat Max March 17, 2016

Hi,

I have created a new workflow for the sub-taks issue type for the specific project.

When i go to the workflow within the project setting i see that the workflow is correct.

However, when i go to the issue itself and preview the workflow i see the default workflow.

Can someone advise what am i doing wrong?

Thank you,

Kat

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

It sounds like you've created the workflow, but not actually associated it with the workflow scheme and/or not applied the workflow scheme to the project.

1 vote
Kat Max March 17, 2016

Hi Nick,

Thank you. 

You are right it has to do with the scheme. However, in this specific project there is another issue that uses different workflow and has different scheme and the system doesn't let me save both schemes for the same project, but only to have one scheme. 

So i am not sure how to deal with that..

Thanks,

Kat

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

I'm really sorry, I do not understand what you have said.

I'm with you as far as:

>However, in this specific project there is another issue that uses different workflow

But you then add "and has different scheme", and I don't know what it means.  A scheme is applied at a project level.  So your project has a workflow scheme.  The issue does not.  The project workflow scheme is probably saying "for issue 1, use workflow X, and for issue 2, use workflow Y", but not at an issue level.

So, a project only has one workflow scheme, and my guess is that you've made workflow changes but not put them into the scheme that the project is using.

Kat Max March 19, 2016

Hi,

Now is clear. I didn't understand that it is possible to have only one workflow scheme per project.

Thanks,

Kat

Suggest an answer