Why can't i edit the workflow?

himanshu thakur May 9, 2013

Hey,

I am getting the following error when i try to make a new 'transition' from one status to another.

You are editing a draft workflow. The step ''On hold'' has no outgoing transitions in the Active workflow, so you cannot add any outgoing transitions in the Draft workflow.

I was able to edit without any issus before.

Please help.

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

This was always a limitation while editing the draft workflows.

If a step has no outgoing transitions, it cannot have any new outgoing transitions added

You will have to copy the workflow, make the changes and then activate the new workflow. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow

yusuf July 7, 2019

unfortunately, I don't have any option to edit inactive workflow :(

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Hi, the problem is that the Workflow designer does not allow to create new transitions in an active workflow and that has a step that never had any transition.

In order to fix this you have to create a copy of the workflow scheme and a copy of your workflow, then make the changes on your workflow and then assign that new workflow scheme to your project.

Usually when I do this I name my new workflow scheme with the same name but for example 'V2' so I don't get messed up with other workflows.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

Suggest an answer