Why can't a user access the Backlog board?

mweier May 13, 2015

I have created our first project as a Software Development template.  I can see the icon to access the Backlog for Sprint-issue management when i log in as admin, but our project manager can't see the icon or access that board to manage sprints.  She has a different role, but I understood the Backlog to be managed by providing Schedule Issues and Edit Issues permissions in the permission scheme (which she has).

How does this board become active for a user to access?  We like the workflow scheme used by the Software management template and just want the added features of issue-sprint organization from the backlog.

3 answers

8 votes
mweier May 13, 2015

Thanks, Jobin!  Unfortunately this didn't seem to help.  I already had the Project Role>User mapped to Browse project, which I would have thought should cover it (though I'm still very green to all this!)

I just added her Producer group to Browse project and confirmed that she still is not able to access the Backlog for the project.  There's no Backlog icon at the top of her left nav in the Project, nor does it appear if she uses the Agile dropdown to access All Boards.

Any other ideas of what to try?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2015

What is the filter used by your board? Does it cover more than one project?

Like Dan Baldini likes this
mweier May 13, 2015

it appears to be a project-specific saved Filter? When I click it I see the issues from this project. I'm pretty hazy on what that even means, though I assume it defines how it knows which issues to include? I added permissions for others to access my Filter and that apparently fixed it.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2015

Yes, filter decides exactly that. And the filter should be shared with everyone in the project (or with people who should have access to the board)

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2015

If the user has Browse project permission, he/she can access the backlog.

Mahdi Challouf March 28, 2021

+ he/she should have the Jira Software Application Acces 

0 votes
Ethan Kim April 13, 2018

board > board create > scrum board

I might you deleted board and you created more than two sprints.

Suggest an answer