Why can't a specific user see any issues in search results?

Kathy Tempesta July 23, 2015

JIRA 4.4

One specific user is getting "No Issues Found" for all filters. For example when logged in as this user, if I query reporter=<username> or reporter=current user(), I get no issues found. When I run the query from my account, I see 746 issues. Logged in as the problem user, I can open the individual issues and see her user is the reporter. I just can't see them in filter results. 

No one else is experiencing this problem and I reindexed just to be sure but it didn't solve the problem for this user. AFAIK, no changes were made to her user and I verified her user is configured exactly the same as users that are working correctly. I'm at a loss to what to look for next. Does anyone have any ideas what else I can check?

Thx,

Kathy

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kathy Tempesta August 6, 2015

Well, whatever it was, it resolved itself when we upgraded to 5.0

0 votes
Kathy Tempesta July 28, 2015

I'm hoping to bump this back up. I now have 3 users experiencing the same problem and nothing I have tried is helping. Because of the symptoms, filter results are blank but users are able to view issue details of issues that should be in the filter results, I am thinking the problem has to do with the users not being recognized as having Browse Projects permissions that they should have. I tried creating a temporary group, adding these users to it, and adding that group to Browse Project in the permissions scheme but that didn't make any difference. I also tried adding the individual users to Browser Projects in the permission scheme for the project and that didn't help either. 

This problem started happening the day after we upgraded from 4.4.4 to 4.4.5. Does anyone know if there were any changes between those versions that could have impacted individual users? 

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Sorry to hear it. Don't know if there's a Permission Helper in 4.4, but if a user don't have permission to view a ticket, I believe it is excluded from any filter output, etc.

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Have you tried the Permission Helper?

Go to a ticket you see (and she can't) and click on 'Admin' dropdown...

Kathy Tempesta July 23, 2015

Thanks but seeing the ticket details isn't the problem. It's the filter results that are empty. Also, I don't think I have that option in 4.4 (sad)

Suggest an answer