Why can't I view or add attachments in JIRA

Amy Marley November 26, 2017

Using JIRA cloud in Chrome and for some reason I am no longer able to view or add any attachments to JIRA issues

Other users are able to do so fine. 

I have been working with JIRA for a number of years in this project, so based on some other documentation, thought initially it was to do with a limit I had reached. 

But after adjusting my attachment limit in settings, checking with other browsers (Edge and Advent so far), checking virus/firewall protection and rebooting my computer,  I am still having the same issue. 

Message when attempt to view an attachment "Ouch! We can't load the image" : ouch from jira.pngMessage when attempt to upload an attachment
file was not uploaded.png

Does anybody else have any options I can try? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

In the end it was my virus software stopping the upload/download to/from atlassian cloud sites

I am using AVG and there was a new menu location for their firewall exceptions that had reset previous settings with their last update. 

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/anti-virus-in-jira-applications-398393384.html for dets

0 votes

Further to this - similar thing is happening in Confluence cloud. None of the existing images attached in pages are shown in publish or edit mode - and when attempt to attach another the existing attachments just keep refreshing/upload and eventually ending in a Error Connecting to server: 

confluence upload view existing attachements.png

error connecting to server.png

Attempted to delete browser history and temp files in case was playing a part in it..no difference here either. 

I am able to attach images to this forum so not sure of what else to try and thinking its not a general browser/computer setting, but something specific in my user profile.  

Suggest an answer