Why can't I list JIRA issues related specifically to my confluence page?

Nick September 8, 2017

I have JIRA issue type of "decision" that we use to track decisions throughout the development process.

P.S. I know confluence has a decision template, but I prefer the ability to run the decision process through a task oriented workflow and then list all related decision issues on a TRD document in Confluence. 

The 2016, Display JIRA Issues in Confluence: more power, more control post made it seem as if this was an available feature, especially considering its sentiments to bridge the gap between two products developed by the same company.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case, rather, JQL again lacks the scope to filter what I need because the macro I need already exist in confluence.

Any suggestions to accomplish this? Or perhaps any idea if Atlassian has plans to better integrate their own products?

Lastly, after I find away to accomplish this within a Confluence macro, I will then want to make that macro dynamic within by global blueprint so I will need a way to put the current page url or id in the macro so that the page will already be properly configured on creation.

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Hi Nicholas,

You can use the JIRA Issues Macro to display a list of your 'Decision' issues on any Confluence page.

You could use JQL like:

project = YOURPROJECT and issuetype = DECISION

If you don't want your page to display all the decisions from your project, you'll need to add something to your issues to flag them as relating to whatever subject your page is about.

Perhaps a label?

So the JQL for your JIRA Issues Macro in Confluence would become:

project = YOURPROJECT and issuetype = DECISION and labels = your-page-subject 

Is this close to what you want?

If not, give a bit more information about how you would class issues as relating to a particualr page, and someone may be able to chip in with a better answer.

Nick September 8, 2017

I've considered the added effort of putting labels on every decision as well, but not satisfied with that option. These documents represent one deliverable on the project as a whole and so I would need to define a label structure for every growing feature request.

Not every document for sure will even have a decision associated with it, so ideally I would like to just link it to the page if a created decision was at all associated with this deliverable document.

Suggest an answer