Why can't I find issues I moved form one project to another?

Dominic Kavanagh July 29, 2021

Hey all,

I have just moved some issues from project x to project y using the move issue wizard it ran and said moving 32 issues but now I cannot find them in the new project. Is there any way I can retrieve them. It's like they have just been erased. Thanks

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Ok so I've found the issue. Jira did not move the child issues despite using the option to do this and despite it saying it moved everything. This is likely a bug. Thanks all for your responses. Appreciated

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

i just tested a move task/subtask from TMP to CMP and it worked.

Yep, I’ve done the same and no problems. Really strange. Never seen that issue before and now I can’t replicate. Thanks anyway Jack

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

I’m sure that the issues are there so let’s see if we can find.

in the search bar top right of the menu click into that box and then select advanced search. In the advanced search bar into the following JQL - project = xxx order by created DESC

The XXX should be the project where you move pd the issues to. The results of this should provide a list of issues for that project and the top issue will be the most recently created which should represent the ones you just moved.

please advise of the results.

There is only one issue listed in the destination project. It's the epic. I followed the wizard to move all child issues along with it and it confirmed 32 issues moved but only the epic is visible. It's as if the child tickets were ignored. Really weird as I've done this several times without a problem :(

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hi @Dominic Kavanagh 

If you navigate to the epic which moved, what does it show for its linked child issues?

Best regards,
Bill

1 vote
Answer accepted
Claudio Gonzalez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hi Dominic,

Can you verified the permission to you in the project y?

Both projects next gen and I have permissions on both yes

Suggest an answer