Why can only one layout be chosen per Jira dashboard?

Marijn Plat April 11, 2024

A classic dashboard typically consists of graphs and tables varying in size. 

In Jira, I would like to -for example- have 3 pie charts next to eachother in a dashboard, and under that I would like to include a table that should be as wide as the 3 pie charts combined to show all relevant columns. 
This is not possible now, as the layout you choose for your dashboard counts for the whole dashboard. There's no way to make a split within the dashboard and continue with a different layout under the split. 

I want to refrain from unnecessary 2nd dashboards. Who can advise me in this? Should I request this as a feature?2024-04-11 13_31_53-Edit - NOL - QA Dashboard. Under-registered items - Jira and 16 more pages - Acc.png

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

This request was made for Server/DC, but will not be considered:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-21201

This request was made for Cloud and is still "Gathering Interest". Given that it was created about 14 years ago, I think it is safe to say that this will not be implemented.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-21201

Obviously, I don't know the inner workings of Jira, but this feels like the exact same functionality that already exists in Confluence where you can have multiple sections on a page, yet here we are.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

I was going to mention Confluence but it has limitations too IMO.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Hi @Marijn Plat , I agree that would be nice to have OOTB. Unfortunately you can't achieve natively. Of course there are more powerful dashboard options out there to consider in the Marketplace or even something quite powerful like Microsoft PoweBI.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events