Why can not I create a transition in one step?

I need to create a transition that will allow reopening an improperly closed bug, but the option to add transition is not displayed. How do I fix this?TransitionMensage.PNG

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Everton, I believe the information below will be useful:

Limitations when editing an active workflow

Please note that the following limitations apply when editing an active workflow (i.e. a draft workflow):

• It is not possible to edit the workflow name (only the description) if a workflow is active.
  • Workflow statuses cannot be deleted.
  • If a status has no outgoing transitions (Global transitions are not considered), it cannot have any new outgoing transitions added, regular or global.
  • The step ID cannot be changed. See the following article for details on this: Cannot Add Transitions or Delete Steps in Draft Workflows.

You need to set the workflow as inactive (with no project related) so you can add the transition.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva | Cloud

This widget could not be displayed.

Agree with Rodrigo.

You need to do the following

• make a copy of the current workflow
  • make changes to the copy
  • associate the copy to bug issue type
  • make changes in the workflow scheme to accept this new workflow for bugs

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

198 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you