Why can I not always see a predicted release date in the Version Report?

Brandon Vulaj September 17, 2014

As of right now, the Version Report does not allow me to see a predicted date range if:

• The release has not been worked on for at least three sprints
    or
  • The release has a start date in the future

Why is this true?  Based on team velocity, why can't I see a predicted delivery date the second I have story points against a version?  And on the other point, why can't I see a predicted release date of something starting in the future?  Granted, a team's velocity may change, but these charts are dynamic, and that is understood.

These seem to be two highly desired features that I would expect to get out of JIRA Agile.  Is there an open ticket for these features?  Can I see these reports in some other way?

---

As another quick aside, ordering versions and being able to predict start dates and therefore release dates based on estimated release of a previous version would also be extremely helpful.

1 answer

1 vote
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2014

Hi Brandon,

Could you please open a ticket on Atlassian SAC (support.atlassian.com) under JIRA Cloud that we will gladly further investigate the problem.

Cheers!

Brandon Vulaj September 22, 2014

Suggest an answer