Why can I no longer see my Google Activity toolbar in Jira 6.0? It was there before.

Kieran Sheehan January 15, 2013

As above: suddenly noticed that the google activity ribbon at the bottom of the OD screen is no longer there. I still log in using Google SSO but no longer see any Google Apps-related functionality.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2013

Hi Kieran,

The google toolbar which was on the bottom of the page has been removed from the system past October, this was part of the new visual design that we have implemented on the OnDemand environment. This was announced in the release notes of October 2012

Please see the following snippet from that page:

Activity Bar removed for sites integrated with Google Apps

The Activity Bar has been removed.

Cheers,
Bas

Kieran Sheehan January 16, 2013

Hi Bas, thanks. Might I ask why?

Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2013

Of cours you may ask Kieran :)
I'm not 100% complete on this but some of the reasons where:
* The banner was overlapping additional links on the pages
* The quick switch options (between Atlassian products) is not realized by the application switcher

Unfortunately I don't know more on this subject then this apologies.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2013

We also found exceedingly few people were using it, so the effort to continue maintaining it as we made major behind-the-scenes changes to OnDemand wasn't warranted.

Suggest an answer