Why can I no longer see my Google Activity toolbar in Jira 6.0? It was there before.

As above: suddenly noticed that the google activity ribbon at the bottom of the OD screen is no longer there. I still log in using Google SSO but no longer see any Google Apps-related functionality.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes

Hi Kieran,

The google toolbar which was on the bottom of the page has been removed from the system past October, this was part of the new visual design that we have implemented on the OnDemand environment. This was announced in the release notes of October 2012

Please see the following snippet from that page:

Activity Bar removed for sites integrated with Google Apps

The Activity Bar has been removed.

Cheers,
Bas

Hi Bas, thanks. Might I ask why?

Of cours you may ask Kieran :)
I'm not 100% complete on this but some of the reasons where:
* The banner was overlapping additional links on the pages
* The quick switch options (between Atlassian products) is not realized by the application switcher

Unfortunately I don't know more on this subject then this apologies.

We also found exceedingly few people were using it, so the effort to continue maintaining it as we made major behind-the-scenes changes to OnDemand wasn't warranted.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

640 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you