Why can I no longer rank or reorder subtasks in an issue using the up/down arrow buttons.

Charlie July 29, 2014

This is in the issue page itself. Not in an Agile board. I also can't use the Rank to Top and Rank to Bottom menu items. I don't get an error message or any indication that it's not working.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie August 14, 2014

And now it's working again. I didn't make any changes so why it's fine now is a mystery to me.

0 votes
Charlie August 14, 2014

And now it's working again. I didn't make any changes so why it's fine now is a mystery to me.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

You need edit permissions on the subtasks and the parent story. Do you have both?

Charlie July 29, 2014

Thanks Jobin, I have Administrator priviledges on our JIRA system. So, I should have the necessary permissions. It must be something else.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Administrator permission doesn't guarantee you Edit rights. Are you seeing the "Edit" option when you are on the issue and in the subtasks? If so, it might be something else.

Charlie July 29, 2014

I do see the Edit button. I made a test edit just to be sure and my changes were accepted. I then tried to re-order sub-tasks but I couldn't do it.

Charlie July 29, 2014

Interestingly, I got an error popup this time while trying to reorder. It says "There was an unexpected error while loading the issue. Contact your JIRA administrators". This is the first time I've seen this message.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Can you check the atlassian-jira.log file to find out what the error is?

Charlie July 29, 2014

It doesn't look like ondemand has a log file. I'll have to call support.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Oh yes. Missed the onDemand tag!

I am afraid you will have to reach out to support to investigate the error.

Suggest an answer