Why are there two identical statuses with different workflows attached to them?

jukrzy May 20, 2015

I'm wondering why there are two "In Progress" statuses in my list. I'm going through and cleaning up user defined statuses and came across duplicates.

Is there a limit of workflows that can be attached to each and a new status will be created to accommodate the rest?

Do the duplicates have a slight variation in their creation that caused them to split?

Is there a way to merge them together so all the workflows are listed under one status?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2015

There's two because an admin, or a project admin for a project with "simplified workflows", has added it.  

They are independent of each other, and there's no limit to who can re-use either of them in other workflows.  The cause of the split is nothing to do with differences, it's purely that a human has added an identical one.

Merging - sorry, no, you'd have to open each workflow and edit it to swap the unwanted one to the one to keep and then delete.

jukrzy May 21, 2015

Hi, I'm unable to recreate this problem. I've tried creating the same status in a workflow and in the admin/statuses/add status and when I spell it exactly the same it doesn't allow me to create. So I'm wondering how that specific status was created twice with different sets of workflows associated with them if I'm unable to recreate it.

Suggest an answer