Why are the filter settings disabled in JIRA?

Troy Moreland January 6, 2015

This is a new JIRA instance.  My administrator account can create/update filters.  My standard account that is a member of the jira-users group cannot.  The filter options are disabled.

Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 9.39.14 AM.png

Is there a default permission not in place?

2 answers

0 votes

That was the standard "My Open Issues".  I then tried Save As but still the filter settings are disabled.  See below:

Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 10.40.05 AM.png

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

What do you mean by filter settings are disabled? You should be able change the filter now, share it with others and subscribe to it, right?

If you look at my screenshots you'll see the filter settings are all disabled (gray and non-clickable). Since my last post I tried one more thing. I clicked on Advanced and was able to enter a query. Then I clicked back on Simple and *then* I was able to set the filter settings (i.e. they were no longer disabled). Seems like a glitch but I have a workaround now.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

I see. Never seen that before. Might be a glitch as you mentioned.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2015

Are you the owner of the filters that you are trying to modify? You can only update your own filters.

In the screenshot above, you can "Save as" this filter and modify the new filter that you created.

Suggest an answer