Why are stories and tasks strike through before done?

My stories/tasks are strike through as soon as I move them in progress, that is not how I want it. Please help me to change it.

2 answers

0 vote

I suspect you have put the "resolution" field on a screen it should not be on - when the users edit the issue or go through a transition that uses a screen with resolution on it, they are (inadvertently) setting the resolution.

Go over all your screens and remove resolution from all of them, except screens that are used on transitions where you want to set it (i.e open > resolved or in-progress -> closed)

Once you've fixed that problem and stopped damaging your issues, we can move on to fixing the broken ones.

Issues are striked through as soon as they have a resolution. It seems that while transitioning to In Progress a resolution is set via post function. So take a look at the post functions in that transition.Remove that postfunction and possibly add it to some other transition( e.g. to resolved/closed status) in order to set a resolution there.

I always forget you can set a resolution with a post-function too.

And I didn't think of that in the transition screen could be the resolution field...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

157 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you