Why are sometimes usernames superimposed over user ID from active directory ?

Lotus Support October 9, 2017

The name of assignee is superimposed over user ID from active directory

username Igor Pint

user ID from active directory - hra...something something

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

I have never seen Jira do this.  The names in fields such as Assignee and Reporter should match the user account as they exist in the cwd_user table, specifically the field called 'display_name'.

If you find that your Jira instance is adding this 'hra' prefix, I would be interested to see what might be causing that.  For example, checking the databases cwd_user table to confirm that this name is correct.

Next, I would try to highlight the text that does this in the browser, and in either Chrome or Firefox you can then right click and select the option to 'Inspect'.   This should at least be able to tell us more about the HTML code in place and whether this is merely appearance or if there is a completely separate field.

It feels like this might be something that a plugin to Jira, or a script added to Jira might be causing inadvertently.   I would be interested to learn what 3rd party plugins you are using with Jira.  You can find this by going to Cog Icon -> Add-ons -> Manage Add-ons, and then select User Add-ons.   As a method of testing this problem, you might want to find some time to Disable these addons, in order to see if this problem continues or not.   If the problem stops, then likely one of the plugins you have in your Jira is causing this strange behavior.

Lotus Support October 20, 2017

found that issue was resolved when users changed their avatar...Regarding username hra..., we have jira setup to connect to active directory and import them..The only problem, is that jira somethimes change the username of users with their id from active directory which is in hra....format

Suggest an answer