Why are some sprints related to a board/project and others are not?

chrisnic December 17, 2014

When creating a new issue, there is a "Sprint" field with an autosuggest box. This box lists many sprints and all of them have a grey explanation behind them.

However, for some sprints I only see "(Active Sprint)" whereas for other sprints I see "(Active Sprint in <Project/Board X>)". I am unsure whether this is a project or board name as boards and their associated projects have identical names.

Obviously, it is a great help to see which board/project a sprint belongs to so ideally I would like to have the board/project name shown for all sprints in the grey explanation text. Why is it shown only for some sprints?

1 answer

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2014

Hi Christopher,

Not all boards are related to projects. It's possible to create boards based on filters. Please check Creating a Board for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

chrisnic December 17, 2014

Hi Paula, is it possible to find out which boards are related to a project somewhere in the board's configuration? And could I link existing boards to a project? Thanks!

Suggest an answer