Why are some "available" jira plugin versions < installed plugin versions?

John Edstrom September 21, 2012

We're using Jira 4.4.3 and have four plugins that are flagged for updating even though the proffered updates are older than the installed and working versions. See example.

If I do the update thing it downloads and installs the "new" plugin version, but the anomalous versioning persists.

Everything seems to be working properly and the problem is functionally benign but it is anoying. My one concern is that the problem may discombobulate the updater so that I miss "real" updates later.

Should I be worried? Is there a fix?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2012

I would contact support to see if they have a fix for your version. The answer would normally be upgrade your Jira version.

0 votes
John Edstrom October 9, 2012

I guess I'll kick it upstairs to the support crew.

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2012

The available version shown to you is the latest, that has been verified to run with your Jira version.

Suggest an answer