Why are people who aren't logged in unable to see the contents of the System Dashboard?

Valerie Boudreau October 19, 2015

People who aren't logged in can get to the System Dashboard, but they can't see the gadgets; they only see the Introduction message. I have two gadgets on the dashboard, each is a "Filter Results" gadget. The filters are set to be shared with "anyone". 

Does "anyone" mean anyone, or only anyone who is logged in

Is there any way to let people who aren't logged in see the results of a filter without it having to be part of a Wallboard? We want to display a list of the current issues, but the list is too long for a Wallboard; we want to display a Filter Results gadget which shows the whole list. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2015

Hi Valeria,

If the filter is shared with anyone, then it means the filter is public. How about the results of the filter?

For example:

• Filter is shared with anyone
  • Filter is returning issues of project "Test"
  • Only users in the group "Administrators" can browse the project "Test"
  • Users who aren't in group "Administrators" will see the filter but the filter will return no results to them

I recommend you to take a look on the project's permissions.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Valerie Boudreau October 20, 2015

You were exactly correct. Thank you sincerely. Val

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

Have you also checked if you have "Shared" your Dashboard? It's a different setting for "Shared" filters. Read this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-shared-dashboards-257458472.html and See this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29503 .

Also, if you want to share issues/filters "Anonymously" (no JIRA account and not logged in), that is a different configuration which is set in the Permission Scheme (Browse Projects then add "Anyone"). Let me warn you that this means letting anyone on the internet to browse your project/issues.

Valerie Boudreau October 20, 2015

Oh my, I see what you mean about Browse Projects "Anyone" being public. Is there a way to share with co-workers who don't have a JIRA account, but not with the world? We have 450 people who don't have a JIRA account but who we want to show a dashboard. 

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

is your JIRA instance behind your corporate firewall? If yes, then you're safe.

Suggest an answer