Why are our JIRA Service Desk Customers showing up in JIRA Portfolio as users?

Craig Day July 19, 2017

I've changed the permission schemes (maybe still not correct) but our JIRA Service Desk Customers are showing up in JIRA Portfolio as users to be assigned to teams etc. It is pretty annoying as we have maybe 150 employees that need to be utilized in Portfolio but thousands of customers.... And sometimes, believe it or not, the customers and employees will have the same or similar names.

Any idea on how to fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2017

Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I was also able to reproduce this same issue.  I don't think this is something that permission schemes are going to be able to solve right now in Portfolio.  I agree with you that it doesn't make sense as to why these JSD customers are even an option here.   But at the moment, there does not appear to be a way to limit these.

I went ahead and created a new feature request for portfolio over at JPOSERVER-1954. Sorry we can't seem to find a better work-around for this right now, but I would recommend watching that request.  If this feature does get implemented in the product that ticket will be updated to reflect this.

Craig Day July 21, 2017

Hey Andrew, thanks for the reply and feature request. I'll keep an eye on it. Since we can at least filter by domain in the search we can make do. But, yea, would be great if we could keep the customers outta there! ;) 

Suggest an answer