Why are inactive users in Jira server not inactive when migrated to Jira Cloud?

Paul Heer October 4, 2017

I recently migrated a Jira server from on-premise to the Cloud system.  I noticed that some users who are inactive in the on-premise version are not inactive in the Cloud system, while other users who are inactive in the on-premise system are inactive on Cloud.  Does anyone know what criteria the importer uses to determine if a user is active or inactive?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2017

Hi Paul,

I believe you're running into a known bug for this behavior that you can find at JRACLOUD-67016 - Users missing and some users are set as inactive after import from JIRA Server / Cloud to JIRA Cloud.  Please vote on the issue to add impact.

If you are able to mark the users active go ahead and do so.  By voting on the ticket you'll be notified when the issue is updated.

Cheers,

Branden

Paul Heer October 5, 2017

Thanks, Branden.  Not the exact same thing I'm seeing, but most likely related to the same issue.  We can still manually edit the users, so we're using that as a workaround (manually activating or deactivating as needed).

Thanks!

Suggest an answer