Why are different swim lanes showing for different users on the same project

Brian Ellery September 19, 2017

Jira, Cloud, Scrum.

We have setup up two different projects from a copy of a base project.  They both have custom swim lanes.  (To Do, In Progress, Reopened, In Dev, Dev Done, In Test, QA Verified)  The majority of the uses see this fine.  One (Admin) users continues to see different swim lanes. (To Do, In Progress, Done).  It is only one user and we cannot find a configuration that is user specific.  

We have found that in the URL there is a field called rapidView.  For the users with the correct swim lanes the value is set to 8 (rapidView=8)  For the problem user it shows as 4.(rapidView=4)  If we manually change the 4 to an 8 the view is correct.  

Example of problem URL.  Company path removed.   https://....../secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=4&projectKey=TS

Any help appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

There's a few things wrong with this, and you've managed to answer your own question.

The things you are calling "swim lanes" are not.  They look like status, which means they are the status in the workflow, or columns on the board.  Swimlanes go across a board, not down it.  You could set up swimlanes to map status, but it would lead to a board that was not a lot of use (a grid with all the cards clustered into one row per column)

The answer to your question is not related to that though.  Your users are looking at two separate boards.  The "rapidview" id you see in the url is the id of each board.

Brian Ellery September 19, 2017

Thanks Nic.  But what if I just want to change the URL so the users are looking at the same board?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

I'm sorry, I don't understand.  Change what url?   The different boards have different urls because they're different.

Suggest an answer