Why are Available Streams not customizable in Jira Activity Streams?

Deleted user December 26, 2017

In our Jira system dashboard, we want to configure an Activity Stream to show only Jira issue updates, not Confluence wiki updates. In Atlassian's instructions, it says there should be checkboxes for choosing which feeds show up in the Activity Stream. We're not seeing any checkboxes to choose the streams.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-activity-stream-gadget-720416850.html

Jira Edit Activity Stream.png

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user December 26, 2017

Thanks, Branden. With your documentation link, I found a solution (or at least a workaround).

I added a filter to the activity stream gadget to show only content that was updated after a certain date (2 weeks ago). Then the checkbox options to show Jira and/or Confluence feeds showed up.

That date filter must have limited the number of records being processed and prevented it from timing out behind the scenes. It's a fixed date, not a floating date, so we may have this problem again in the future. But it's working for now. I was able to create one activity stream for Jira updates and a separate activity stream for Confluence updates, both with that date filter to limit the number of results. Interestingly, the field that said "Limit to 20 items" wasn't enough without the date updated filter.

Thanks for your help!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2017

Hi Scott,

I checked my instance and my gadget looks like yours as well.  This change seems to have come in the JIRA 7.x activity stream gadget.  I found documentation from 7.x that shows the gadget as we're seeing it as well.

Since this is a feature you would like to see you can create a Suggestion on JAC and add your use case to the description.  Add the link here so the community can vote on it and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events