Why am I getting "Account: Account is Required"

rachel bailin February 26, 2015

When I try to create tickets in JIRA I click "create" and this error message pops up. It says "Account: Account is Required." Why is this happening? How do I fix it? 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

Ah, ok, it's the Tempo Account field, and it's locked which makes it a bit more complex.  The locked thing prevents you from doing a number of things to the field, and I think in this case, your only option is to make sire it is on the "create" screen.

Your screenshots show that it is on the default screen, which suggests that your project is not using the default screen for create now.  You'll need to go through the "issue type screen scheme" to find out which one you are using and get it added.

Before that though, do you have "where's my field" available when you're in issue-create?  That should tell you exactly what the problem is

It's clunky and I'll have to figure out exactly what's going on - I don't really want that field but for now it has the field and is at least working! Thank you so much!

1 vote
Jerry Lee February 25, 2016

Has anybody gotten this resolved? It is super annoying. First of all, my issue creation screen does not have this field at all, secondly, there is no way to change it to optional in the field configuration because this field "Account" is locked.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2016

Ah, if it's locked, then the add-on providing it controls the config. You'll need to deal with it in there (best guess is that it's Tempo)

Like Novikov Yaroslav likes this
Jerry Lee February 25, 2016

Thanks, Nic. I have found out the solution:

Administration --> Adds-on --> Tempo Accounts --> Account Configuration --> de-select your field configuration.

I hope this will help others as well.

0 votes

Is it possible to get rid of that account field/tempo entirely? It's messing things up. When I select "create" for some tickets it doesn't work because it won't let me select an account field. 

I guess where is that coming from? This account business? How do I set that?

0 votes

Thanks Nic. I'm not sure what's going on I've attached some screen shots. I tried to go to the field config and it says "locked." I tried to remove it entirely and it still throw that error. Thank you so much for the help! Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 3.54.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 3.48.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 3.50.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 3.49.57 PM.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2015

I'm not 100% sure without a screenshot, but I suspect you have a custom field called "Account", and the "field configuration" for the project says it is mandatory.  But it is not on the create issue screen for you to fill in.

Either change the field config to make it optional, or add it to the create screen.

Thanks for the help! I tried that and it didn't work. See my note below - thanks!

Suggest an answer