Why am I getting permission failure creating a new project?

Jim Baldwin October 5, 2014

I get this when I create a new JIRA project.  I am THE administrator, so I don't know what permissions I could be lacking.

It seems to set up the project anyway, but I'm suspicious that something isn't right and I won't find out until much later.

Permission Violation

It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2014

Check your permissions scheme for the project and verify your usee is an administrator for the project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2014

System administrators have the right to administer the system. They don't automatically get every other right going (because that's a terrible permissions model). As Daniel says, your default permission scheme does not include a line that would grant your user "browse" in the project.

Suggest an answer