Why am I getting notifications about "Issue updated" when i disabled it?

Guy T April 5, 2015

I am not Project lead nor am I the assignee and yet I am receiving notifications when the issue was updated. 

Also, when I try to use the notification helper it can't locate the relevant task, only the father task.

notification.PNG

5 answers

0 votes
Guy T April 7, 2015

I checked, i'm not a watcher also

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra April 6, 2015

Hi Guy,

Did you check the watcher field.Notification help will not check the watchers field

Regards,

Sateesh

0 votes
Guy T April 6, 2015
  1. nope
  2. i checked the scheme, and the notification helper, both are fine.

what am I missing? sad

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

Well, can you check what was updated when you received this mail. Check the history tab in that issue, was it an "Edit" or went the issue through a transition?

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2015

Do you have any custom event fired in you workflow that is using the issue updated email template. Check the notification scheme who will be informed on that event.

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2015

Guy,

Do you have anything in the workflow that could be overriding the notification scheme? Also, have you tried to use the Notification Helper to drill down where this may be coming from? 

Suggest an answer