Why am I being asked to log on when I run a web query?

Anthony Bouttell June 3, 2016

I am using the JIRA cloud and have I have an Excel macro that generates JIRA web queries based on a menu that allows me to select from a list of JIRA "Favorites"

JIRA = "https://rredsupport.atlassian.net/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-current-fields/" & INDEX_1 & "/SearchRequest-" & INDEX_1 & ".xls?tempMax=1000"
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=JIRA, NewWindow:=True

This query in turn would have opened a work sheet called SearchRequest-13604.xls

Now, when I run the macro, a JIRA login screen pops up, ( even though I already have an open console session running.)

After I log in, the Windows File Manager screen opens up and prompts me to save the file using the JIRA "Favorites" name, ( in this case "Tracking Tickets" (xxxxxxxxx Encompass JIRA ).xls 

The xxxxxxx is my corporate identity.

Was something changed in the past week or two? Having to log on repeatedly is annoying, not to mention having to change the macro to accommodate the new workflow change.

2 answers

0 votes

I should also add, prior to last week I wasn't prompted to save a file. A worksheet automatically opened up on my desktop.

Is this also a JIRA change? 

0 votes

Interestingly, the query that is being passed has permission-violation=true tacked to the end of it.

Is this new?

Suggest an answer