Why am I Not getting Notification alert for any issues events?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2017

For any events i do on jira, the notification mail is not sent to the watchers,assignee as well as the reporter. What is the reason for that?

2 answers

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi Arun,

If this has never worked I would first check to see that the notifcations are configured correctly.  Once you verify that, I would then check the notification schemes to verify the right people/groups are assigned for the notifications you want to send.

The next step would be to check the Notifications Troubleshooting knowledge base article for further clues.

Finally, if that does not help I would check the mail logs on your outgoing SMTP server to see if that provides any further information.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2017

I assume that means some emails are arriving with some people, but not others?

Check who the notification scheme says the events should be notifying.

Suggest an answer