Why Users not accepting Answers?

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi All,

I found few profiles who are raising so many question's on forum.

users are getting correct answers from community but still not accepting any answers or comments for there own questions.

i can-not describe the users names but there are so many users who are not making use of Accepting answers and comments.

i request please accept answers or comments if its helpfule for users.

regards,

tousif shaikh.

7 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2013

Hi Tousif,

there was a long similar discussion one year ago

Since then, some things changed, e.g. "accept rate" or reminders of not-accepted-answers. Things have gone a little bit better but you can't change the human being. That's my opinion and if you try to help someone here and get a thank you every now and then, things are fine. Don't expect more.

Cheers

Thomas

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2013

We'll never get to 100% but it might be possible to change human nature!? We're coming out with a redesign that makes it more apparent how to accept so it's easier in the UI, but if we don't get it right we can keep iterating on it.

Also we send an accept this answer email reminder, but I've been thinking we're not doing it quickly enough. We're going to do some A/B testing to see if we can get people to visit and accept answers by sending the email out earlier.

Just trying to continue to think of tweaks to make this better. We'll never get all the way there...

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

Well said Thomas and Jeremy. That's why it is rightly said as 'Karma'.

Keep faith, karma will follow you definitely!

Sometimes karma just takes its time to work, but it'll eventually hit when you least expect it.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

@Jeremy

Ok, my 2 cents again: you're expecting too much from a system which cannot impose restrictions. People are the way they are, and characters are lately shaped in strange ways (due to the harsh economic env, ocupational stress, whatever). The assertion that you might change the human nature is suspect - it really depends on your definitions of "change" and "human nature".

If you're thinking in behavioural terms, that's different.

My guess is that if, instead of that green check (Accept) - which is rather technical -, would be a text with "Thanks!" or "That solved it!" you would appeal to the inner psychological layer of the person asking the question, and, as a consequence, the accept rate would be higher. However, this is just a guess.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2013

Ok, based on this conversation we brainstormed a bit and put together a new round of feature requests. Hopefully we'll sneak some of these into the redesign (which, by the way, we're quite close to launching!), but if not we'll iterate on it for a bit. I think there are several things we could do. Here they are:

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2013

thanks jeremy and radu Durmitriu awaiting for new updated launching for answers.

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

thanks for your comments.

0 votes
John-De April 1, 2013

thanks for remindering all users.

Help or suggections from experts are helpful to all which we can-not count in term of karma points.

its open community we can-not control users.

all the best.

0 votes
Jemy April 1, 2013

appreciation to all users thanks

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

Yep, after all it's good to see some appreciation for the effort

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

Hi Tousif,

I found same response from few users.

Suggest an answer