Why I cannot see watchers

Joan Andreu Juan Torrens November 22, 2016

Hello,

I have a project with the "manage watchers" and "see watchers and votes" granted, also the "browse users" global permission.

But in the issues I cannot see the watchers, nor the button to add me as a watchers or to manage watchers.

I have read documentation and some answers to other people. I imagine something has to be activated to see the watchers features? I have taken a look at the fields configuration and haven't find anything there too.

Please help !

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

Please check this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/watching-and-voting-on-an-issue-720416442.html

When adding watchers to an issue, to access:

• An autocompleted list of users in the Add Watchers popup, or
  • The User Picker popup on the Watchers page,

your JIRA administrator must have granted you the Browse Users Global Permission. If you do not have this permission, however, you can still add users by specifying their usernames in either:

• The Add Watchers popup or
  • The Add Watchers field on the Watchers page.

On top of this, your JIRA administrator must also ensure that JIRA's Allow users to vote on issues setting has not been switched off. (See Configuring JIRA Options for more information.)

It might be one of the things listed here.

Joan Andreu Juan Torrens November 22, 2016

You give me the key.

The "allow users to watch issues" was disabled.

Now it's working.

Thank you

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

No problem, glad it worked.

Suggest an answer