Why I cannot resolve/close an issue even though the permission helper says I should be able to?

Manuel March 22, 2013

I have a project for which I am NOT the project lead.

However, in the permission schema associated to the project, my user is assigned the "Resolve/Close issue" permission.

Also, via permission helper, I checked whether I really have that permission, and it says yes, I do.

More specifically, for the "Resolve" permission, I have no failed conditions (my user is authorized both as a single user and as part of an authorized group. For the "Close" issue, instead, only as a single user (there is a failed condition).

However, I cannot resolve/close any issue. What should I check?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2013

The permission helper will only tell you about permissions as far as I can tell. Whether those permissions are actually used in a workflow is another matter.

You need to look at the workflow, check it's conditions - it sounds like the workflow has been set up to look at something other than what you expect. (For example, "user must be in the role of developer AND be the assignee of the issue")

Manuel March 23, 2013

Correct, the problem was a MISSING transition from open to close. Also, I did want me to UNABLE to move the task in progress (not assigned to me), but I wanted to be able to DIRECTLY CLOSE it.

In the previous condition (missing direct transition from open to close) not even the assignee was able to directly close the issue, of course.

After adding the transition fixed the problem.

Gavriil Tsakiridis June 12, 2014

Hi, I have the same problem. Specifically I want a group to be able to resolve and reopen issues.The permission helper shows that everything is ok. The specific group has the resolve permission assigned. I remove the conditions from the worflow in the 2 transitions linking the todo and done status but still nothing. Is there anything else I should check?

thanks

Suggest an answer