Why I cannot preview but only download text-only files?

Greg Morris November 21, 2017

It seems a simple matter to preview a .txt, .cs, or similar text-only file. Is there a way to preview these files? At present the only option appears to download the files when you click on them. These would be the simplest, easiest types of files to preview. If this is not available, I would ask that it be added to a list of "enhancements."

The content may be inserted into the ticket/issue, but in some cases, such as to keep the ticket from getting too cluttered, we want to attach these files.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Are you sure you meant Confluence when creating this? It seems more like a Jira question.

Greg Morris November 21, 2017

I'm new to this software. I believe that my question is related to tickets in Jira. Did I post the question in the wrong place? If so I apologize.

The page in question has the heading:

Jira Software - Dashboards - Projects - Issues - Boards - etc.

The question involves previewing the attachments. Is there another place I should post this question?

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Nope, I just moved this question into the right category, no need for you to do anything.

I don't believe there is any way to change the behavior you are describing. You can add a comment to the appropriate ticket where you agree:

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(JRASERVER%2C%20JRACLOUD)%20and%20text%20~%20%22preview%20file%22%20and%20type%20%3D%20suggestion%20and%20resolution%20is%20empty

Suggest an answer