Why I cannot preview but only download text-only files?

It seems a simple matter to preview a .txt, .cs, or similar text-only file. Is there a way to preview these files? At present the only option appears to download the files when you click on them. These would be the simplest, easiest types of files to preview. If this is not available, I would ask that it be added to a list of "enhancements."

The content may be inserted into the ticket/issue, but in some cases, such as to keep the ticket from getting too cluttered, we want to attach these files.

1 answer

1 accepted

Are you sure you meant Confluence when creating this? It seems more like a Jira question.

I'm new to this software. I believe that my question is related to tickets in Jira. Did I post the question in the wrong place? If so I apologize.

The page in question has the heading:

Jira Software - Dashboards - Projects - Issues - Boards - etc.

The question involves previewing the attachments. Is there another place I should post this question?

Nope, I just moved this question into the right category, no need for you to do anything.

I don't believe there is any way to change the behavior you are describing. You can add a comment to the appropriate ticket where you agree:

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(JRASERVER%2C%20JRACLOUD)%20and%20text%20~%20%22preview%20file%22%20and%20type%20%3D%20suggestion%20and%20resolution%20is%20empty

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 6 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

86 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you