Why I can't use the Epics reports in Jira Cloud for Kanban boards?

Nuria Llobera September 27, 2019

Hi,

I am using Jira Cloud. 

I am trying to find out how can I visualize the progress of Epics of my project. We are not using Scrum boards, thus, no sprints. We are using the Kanban board. I wonder why the reports for Epics and version release are only available in Scrum boards?

In Kanban we also work with iterations, it would be great if we can also have reports by choosing how long are our iterations.

Is there any possibility that this would change in the future? 

1 answer

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2019

You have access to the epic reports that are available via scrum board when using kanban boards.  

1) make sure you are using epics in your project

2) go to reports and click all reports, look for the epic report

3) also you may want to enable backlog and epic panel if you are maintaining a backlog in your kanban processes. (i know that sounds weird but some do...)

Nuria Llobera September 29, 2019

Hi Randy,

Thank you for your answer. 

Maybe I was not clear enough... We are not using Scrum boards and I would like to avoid to use it. We are using Kanban boards and for Kanban boards the Epic report is not available.

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

You're right.  Looks like they only allow it from Scrum boards.  If you really need it, you can always just create a scrum board to get to the report while keeping your team in the kanban board for everything else.

Like Marcel Plomp (inactive) likes this

Suggest an answer