Why I can't reassign Issue in some JIRA?

Jennifer Zou August 22, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am in the manager group which should have the ability to reassignee issues to other users. However, in some JIRAs I can't reassign, I can only change the assign in the bulk change, which is not convienent at all.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

When you say "cannot reassign", what are the symptoms?

Hi Nic,

On some JIRAs, when I mouse over the assignee, I am able to change the assignee. However, for some JIRAs, Nothing changes when I mouse over...

In our project, we have two issue type screen scheme, one is regular issue type screen scheme, one is support issue type. I am thinking is this problem related to the scheme? For all regular issues, I can change assginee. For all support issues, I can't...

Does this make sense? Please let me know if not clear....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

Yes, it suggests that the screens for the issue you can mouse-over includes the assignee field, and the screens for the other issue do not.

Oops! Thank you very much!!

Suggest an answer