Why I am not able to configure the default board in a JIRA Business project?

Rashid Owais January 20, 2020

I am using Business Project type on Jira Service Desk Cloud, I wanna to change the configuration of the default Boards but I can not find any settings related to the Boards. I searched and find that the Boards depends on Workflow status. The issues on (Done) Board disappeared and I can not know what issues have  been done regards this I want to change the configurations. Any help here ??

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

Hi Rashid, simply put the default boards are not editable. You would need to create a separate classic Kanban board, associate the Location to your profile and add a shortcut to your business project sidebar.

So default boards note editable, I got a massege on the (Done) Board says (Issues completed more than 14 days ago are hidden, keeping your board fresh and up to date) the question is can I disable this feature ?

The main purpose to me of using Business projects is to track my project status, so Its not acceptable to hide the Done status issues from the board.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

No you cannot at this time. You may wish to use the Feedback link to suggest the ability.

Its a needed component on Jira Service Desk Cloud.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2020

You can provide feedback to Atlassian if you wish. I suspect there may even be a suggestion for this already on jira.atlassian.com. You could search there and comment/vote/watch.

Thank you Jack for your time, I will voting for this issue.

0 votes
Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2020

Hi @Rashid Owais Jack is right

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2020

Hi Ganesh, these images are not representative of a Business project’s default board. Below is such a board. You will note where I created a sidebar board so that I could configure.

D02ADCEF-B98D-4772-AD4B-92219C612B4B.jpeg

Rashid Owais January 21, 2020

Yes Unfortunately he is. 

Suggest an answer