Why I am not able to browse users in few projects

Girish.K November 6, 2016

I can browse users in some projects and can't in some projects. I already have global permission to browse users.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2016

What do you mean by "browse users in a project"?  Where are you looking?

Girish.K November 6, 2016

While commenting on an issue I need to address to a particular user using @ symbol . I'm able to get the user list in some projects but not getting the user list in some projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2016

Ok, if it's by project, then it's probably permissions or the setup.

Check that the comments are enabled as "rich text" fields, and then make sure the users you want to mention have access to browse the issue.

Girish.K November 8, 2016

Hope you not got my point. In comment box i want to address to a particular JIRA user using @ symbol. When I type @ in some projects I am getting the user list as LOV but in some projects I am not getting that LOV to pick the user. I have the privilege of global permissions to browse users. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2016

Yes, I understood perfectly.  You said you were able to do it in some projects and not others.  That tells me that you have the global permission.

Could you re-read the comment and make sure you have understood it.  As your last comment implies you have ignored it.

Suggest an answer