Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why DONE and Ready for Release tickets carried over from sprint to sprint?

Hello Again,

I am new in JIRA and I have some concerns about our DONE and Ready for Release status that were carried over from spring to sprint. I also read some questions that were raised before however, none of them could really answer my own questions. 

Here is our scenario:

1. We have a sprint every 2 weeks but we seldom do releases.

2. Our DONE and Ready for Release status was mapped in the last column of the board and also set as Resolution.

3. When we end our sprint, we usually set Move To and complete the sprint.

Questions:

1. How can we not carry over the DONE and Ready for Release tickets for the following sprints?

2. Where will the DONE and Ready for Release tickets be in place if its not carried over? Is this will be found in the backlog? If so, is there a way that this ticket will not be in the backlog? We wanted that our backlog tickets will only have the status of Ungroomed, and TO DO.Screenshot 2022-04-28 083007.png

3. What will be the best practice for DONE tickets? Note that the DONE tickets were already released in production and the Ready for Release tickets are tickets that are waiting for production release. 

4. Lastly, do you have any recommendation or link where I can enhance my knowledge in JIRA?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Sincerely,

Jarisse

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you