Why 1 user have the flag [admin] close to his name in the user list?

Victor Fernandes July 28, 2016

There is one user in our team that have a flag [admin] close to his name in the user list. Why?

4 answers

0 votes

I checked. There is only one account

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

Check where the user is defined in Admin, User Management, It may be there are two accounts for the user, one non-admin and one admin and the user is named differently in AD

0 votes

Hey there! I think it is not because I have the same group permissions as the user with this flag. And also there is another user with all administrative access that doesn't have this label.

Only this one user has and I don't understand why.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

Hmm, that is odd, then...

What version of JIRA?  Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2016

Hey Victor!

This is likely caused by the user being part of a group that has been administrative access to your particular JIRA instance.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer