Who is the system administrator?

Palka Mistry October 23, 2012

Hi

When we set up a trial version of JIRA, we were asked to provide details/ login of a site administrator which would be me.

However when ive looked into the users profile there is my login as a site administrator, but there is also a system administrator and I wanted to know who is this person as I do not have a login for this role and nor did I set it up. More importantly, it is taking up 1 of our user licences. Is this role required

Please can someone help

Thanks

Palka

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi Palka,

I assume that you are referring to a JIRA OnDemand instance, even though this question actually states that this is related to a downloadable version of our applications, in which case the "sysadmin" user is the account used by Atlassian Support to manage your account and it isn't counting against your license because we allocate an extra license slot to account for that user. This means that you will still get your full allocation of users you pay for, but also that Atlassian engineers can access your instance to perform maintenance for you.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer