Who has the permission to copy an existing Agile board?

Cinnober Admins April 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating a Board

I cannot seem to find this information anywhere...

Thanks in advance!

Markus

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2016

You just need to be able to create boards.

0 votes
Cinnober Admins April 25, 2016

Is it the global permission "Create Shared Objects" that enables you to create/copy Agile boards?

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2016

Yes, that's the create permission

Vik Solem May 6, 2017

Hello Folks. 

This does not appear to be correct for us.  We are running JIRA 7.3.0.

We have a user "limitedaccessuser" which is a member of one and only one group "limited-jira-users-1".

Logged in as this user, I have menus for "Dashboards", "Boards", "Tests", and "Calendar".

When I click "Boards" -> "View All Boards" I see a list of boards, all of which have the "Visibility" of "ALL USERS". 

When I click on any board I am redirected back to the same page (All Boards page 1).  When I click on "..." -> "Configure" I am also redirected back to the same page.

When I click on "..." -> "Copy" I get a message that the board "Copy of ..." was created.

If I locate the board and click on it I am again redirected back to the same page, so I can't view the board that I just created.

I can click "..." -> "Delete" for a board that I created in this manner.

So, although I can create boards and delete boards which I created, it appears that I am not able to view any boards, whether I created them or not.

Is this a bug?

If not then is there a way that we can can prevent these limited access users from having permission to create boards?

Suggest an answer