Who do I know I have JIRA Capture

Bunkiat Se July 22, 2015

After login into the JIRA Cloud and see 'About JIRA', one of the plugin shows JIRA Capture (below). Does this mean I have JIRA Capture? I checked with my administrators and they said JIRA Capture is not installed. Are they right or wrong?

JIRA Capture v2.9.1.113

Copyright © 2002 - 2013 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.

The use of this plugin is subject to the terms of the Atlassian End User Agreement, unless other specified therein.

This plugin includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.

This plugin also includes code written by other third parties.

Additional details regarding these and other third party code included in this plugin, including applicable copyright, legal and licensing notices, are available in the "licenses" directory inside the plugin.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2015

Hi Bunkiat,

JIRA Capture is pre-installed in JIRA Cloud, like some other add-ons. JIRA Capture requires separate license to be activated.

Here are easy steps to check whether Capture is licensed or not on your instance:

1. Navigate to your project landing page .
  2. Click the 'Test Sessions' button on the sidebar.

Capture 2015-07-04 at 11.36.43.png

If this message is displayed, it means JIRA Capture is not licensed:

JIRA Capture is currently inactive. To start using JIRA Capture please enter your JIRA Capture license.

Capture 2015-07-04 at 12.30.12.png

Hope this helps!

--

Cheers,

Ignat.

Bunkiat Se July 23, 2015

This is the message I see. Does it mean the same thing?

"JIRA Capture is currently inactive. To start using JIRA Capture, contact your JIRA administrator to activate it."

Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2015

Yes, it's the same thing. Based on the current user permissions the different messages are shown - that's why we see the difference.

Suggest an answer