Who do I know I have JIRA Capture

After login into the JIRA Cloud and see 'About JIRA', one of the plugin shows JIRA Capture (below). Does this mean I have JIRA Capture? I checked with my administrators and they said JIRA Capture is not installed. Are they right or wrong?

JIRA Capture v2.9.1.113

Copyright © 2002 - 2013 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.

The use of this plugin is subject to the terms of the Atlassian End User Agreement, unless other specified therein.

This plugin includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.

This plugin also includes code written by other third parties.

Additional details regarding these and other third party code included in this plugin, including applicable copyright, legal and licensing notices, are available in the "licenses" directory inside the plugin.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Bunkiat,

JIRA Capture is pre-installed in JIRA Cloud, like some other add-ons. JIRA Capture requires separate license to be activated.

Here are easy steps to check whether Capture is licensed or not on your instance:

1. Navigate to your project landing page .
  2. Click the 'Test Sessions' button on the sidebar.

Capture 2015-07-04 at 11.36.43.png

If this message is displayed, it means JIRA Capture is not licensed:

JIRA Capture is currently inactive. To start using JIRA Capture please enter your JIRA Capture license.

Capture 2015-07-04 at 12.30.12.png

Hope this helps!

--

Cheers,

Ignat.

This is the message I see. Does it mean the same thing?

"JIRA Capture is currently inactive. To start using JIRA Capture, contact your JIRA administrator to activate it."

Yes, it's the same thing. Based on the current user permissions the different messages are shown - that's why we see the difference.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,317 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot